I recently attended Craftcation, a kind-of make-your-art-your-business conference held in Ventura, CA. I almost didn’t go — it was a 5-day long conference, plus travel, babysitter (at home), and other expenses — a hefty trip! And I wasn’t sure what I’d find there.
I found a renewal of sisterhood friendship.
I found RubyShea‘s new brand.
I found gorgeous morning hikes in my beloved California hills.
I found more like-minded crazy artists like myself.
I found fun, smart, artistic businesses and blogs that thrive!
- *Agapantha (gorgeous, handmade jewelry)
- *Cotton and Flax (cute handmade pillows)
- *KP Werker (Writer, editor of “Make it Mighty Ugly” –how to embrace the ugly side of your business)
- *Makes and Takes (super user-friendly, fun activities for kids)
- *ManMadeDIY (blog for crafty DIY-kinda men)
- *PapernStitch (a pretty blog about DIY making and crafting)
- *RePurposed and MishkaBlack by Michelle E. Black (vintage-y, handmade photos printed on wood)
- *Salvage Life (vintage and new clothing and accessories — and kick a** help with branding!)
And then I found myself rushing home to a sick little guy who missed his mommy almost as much as she missed him.
And I’m sure I’ll find myself there again next year, with my business thriving!