Erin Faith Allen is Coming to New York!
|Erin Faith Allen
Doodlebugheart is hosting the beauty-filled, super creative, ahh-mazingErin Faith Allen in New York! She’s coming to lead a workshop June 9 and 10 (Saturday and Sunday, 9:30 – 5:00) ~ one of her last, before she has a baby this fall. Hip, hip, hooray!!!
Email us immediately for more info and to register. This class will fill up fast!
*Sign up before 5/5/12 and get $20 discount!
Here’s what you need to know:
Erin Faith Allen ~ As an international mixed media art teacher, I act as a guide inward ~ to the innate creative genius spark that lies within every one of us. An artist and empath, I experience the world on a supernatural level. I make art to understand and process my self, life, and the planet I live on. My work conveys the delicate dance between light and shadow, and I believe we must know our depths to know our heights: we must howl in wild stark exposure at the moon in order to know true bliss in the glow of sun.
My artwork can be found on www.erinfaithallen.com
SOUL PORTRAIT EMPOWERMENT
Is your soul a stream of consciousness word parade that flows across your surface? Does it swoosh in gentle abstract harmony, or blaze it’s way vibrantly across the page? Have you ever created a piece of art with direct connection and intention to express this pure and unique essence of self? In this soul-full hands-on collaging workshop we will dive into the depths of our very being, to find our own unique soul signature and express it through mixed media collage.
The clarity of self-image will assist greatly in manifesting your dreams, desires, and circumstances that are your hearts desire. To hold a self-created image of WHO YOU ARE is a talisman for growth, a gift that keeps on giving for years to come! You will be given tools of self-awareness that can be utilized in your studio and career, to unleash your potential through this creative process at any time you need to connect with yourself for answers, guidance, or fun.
With guided visualizations, music, and stream of consciousness writing we will create at least one Soul Portrait, and as many as time allows!
Day One: Technical / conceptual dialoguing, opening up, and getting into the flow, with hands on creative play time.
Day Two: is devoted mostly to full-blown artmaking. I am very hands-on and give a lot of one-to-one time :)My teaching style is loose, and while technical education and information is part of my class, my passion lies in diving deep into the soul for conceptual and energetic information and inspiration.
Recommended Supply List:
- A minimum of 7 photographs of yourself in a variety of sizes, distances, and/or poses so that you have a lot to choose from. (It is best to work with self-portraits when possible).
- A minimum of 7 symbolic images that reflect your interests and personal nuances. These can be colors, shapes, favorite animals and other things in nature, fairy tales, characters, hobbies, beliefs, textures … the sky’s the limit!
- If you do not wish to use photographs of yourself (though this is highly recommended), you can collect imagery from magazines, ephemera, or hand-draw/paint them to assemble your soul portrait.
- 11×14 or 11×17 paper, as many as you feel you will fill. This can be scrapbooking paper, watercolor paper, xeroxes of old books or ephemera ~ anything!
- Gel Medium or preferred adhesive
- Calligraphy Pen and Ink in any colors that you choose
- Any other mediums or accessories or images that you prefer working with – this can be (but is not limited to) acrylic, watercolor, paint pens, stencils, text, found images from books or magazines for collaging, scrapbooking papers for backgrounds. The more the merrier!
- Brushes and tools that you prefer and are comfortable with.
- Scissors or Xacto knife
On a personal note… I can tell you, I took class with Erin at ArtFest 2012, which is why I am so excited to bring her to Larchmont, NY! She is intuitive, energizing, insightful, and gorgeously talented. She has a calming presence that allows your true thoughts and feelings to come through — no judgements, only honor. All levels of ability welcome!
I am thrilled with not only the work I did in the class (it’s hanging in my bedroom!), but also I’m touched by the depth of sharing everyone had and the friendships I cherish from it. I cannot recommend her class highly enough. She is wonder-full! You can see her work at www.erinfaithallen.com or just look at these!
SIGN UP NOW!*